Telecommunications Equipment Technician (7246)
At ANA Telecommunication, we understand the importance of connectivity and commitment. We’re here for you! In order to suit your needs and provide you with the best quality service, we are dedicated to working around the clock to deliver on our promises and ensure that you meet tomorrow’s rigorous demands with technologies available to you today!
As a small business, we share similar values in growth, reliability, sustainability, and development. Like you, we started as a small business with friends and loved ones. With your continuous support and trust, and our main focus of putting the community first, we were able to grow and provide the necessary tools and services for your businesses to grow. Our humble beginnings are what unites us. Whether you are a small or moderate size business, we’ve got you covered with all your communications needs. In other words, whatever you need, we got!
About the role:
We’re seeking Telecommunication Technician who will travel nationally but with their home base in mind. In this job, the technician will be performing deployments of infrastructure cabling and equipment in both new and existing facilities. ANA looks for professional team members with positive attitudes and strong work ethics. To ensure success working for ANA you must have great communication and a willingness to always learn more.
What we are looking for:
– Configure operating systems and install software for access to the Internet
– Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
– Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment.
– Installs, maintains/repairs, and tests residential/small business telecommunication service (POTS, Hicap circuits and DSL).
– have previous experience implementing other phone systems. Including, but not limited to, Call Pilot, Meridian Mail, BCM 50, 200, 400, CS1000 (release 5.0 an asset), Meridian OPT 11, NORTEL, AVAYA IPO, AVAYAS8400, AVAYA G450
– Experienced in implementing circuit-switched voice and IP Telephone technologies.
– Possesses working knowledge of telecom/network cable infrastructures. With the ability to review and discusses service order requirements and equipment requests with customers and evaluates customers’ telecommunication needs to suggest additional/alternative service as appropriate.
– At least 6 months experience within the last five (5) years provisioning and maintaining DSO, DS1/T1, DS3/T3, DSL and ISDN circuits or services.
– Ability to read, review, interpret and understand technical documents (e.g., schematics, drawings, blueprints, layouts).
– Have a good understanding of technology concepts and design, with a specific focus on store/remote architecture.
– Experience in launching and supporting Central Offices along with FTTH connectivity to the backbone (Active and Passive Optical Networks).
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Business Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and MS. Project).
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and interact with team members from different backgrounds.
– Have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable with remote/telephone support functions. Reads and interprets customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc. from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
– Have the ability to work in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
– Have the ability to work during regularly scheduled business hours and unscheduled evening and weekend hours as necessary.
– Have your own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
– Be willing to undergo a background check.
Bachelor or Diploma in information technology, network administrator or telecommunication.
Skills that are considered assets for the job:
– Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories, and applications of electricity (e.g., voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation, Ohm’s Law, AC/DC);
– knowledge of basic electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators, switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design; and knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical components and common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters, oscilloscopes).
– Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
– Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g., Tech Tad, Sidekick, volt-ohm meters, transmission measuring sets).
– Ability to use established electrical, digital, and/or mechanical principals and to perform appropriate tests to identify and solve problems encountered on the job.
– Ability to efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously
– Paid Time Off
– Per diem for travel locations (hotel and food), noting own car is mandatory for the job
– Medical and Dental plans, eligible after probation period.
Minimum of 3 years performing the majority of the tasks identified in this job description.
$33 / Hour
Woodbridge, ON / Edmonton, AB
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume, or email their application to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.
Structured Cable Technician
ANA Telecom Services Ltd. has expertise in design, installation, maintenance and management of wired and wireless communication networks and applications. The possibilities are limitless. We are proud to be an authorized partner with AVAYA, one of the top in the telecom industry. We are here to help our customers bring people together with the right information, at the right time, in the right context, enabling businesses to improve their efficiency and quickly solve critical challenges. Because our solutions are based on open standards, our customers can decide what works best for them. At ANA Telecom Services Ltd., we sell success without boundaries. Our promise to our valued customers is Expertise, Excellence, and Satisfaction.
Ability to operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies
Able to operate Man lift .
Able to climb on all types of the ladders .
Ability to crawl in crawl spaces and in attics
Work on bending, twisting, standing, reaching
Ability working with low voltage and DC voltage
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, , screwdrivers
Ability to work on all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
Able to use and be accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 12 ft high and 90 pounds)
Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
Ability to perform job from high places (i.e.,roofs, ladders)
Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
Ability to travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities
Ability to work outside for extended periods in any season and/or during inclement weather
Familiarity with computer operating systems, and a myriad of consumer communications devices (e.g., PDAs, smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices), and computer software applications
Ability to complete documentation accurately
Able to read Blue Print .
Complete understanding of the physical layer, CAT 5, 66 blocks, 110 blocks, patch panels, multimode fiber, etc.
1 year of experience with CAT 5 ,CAT 6 Ethernet networks be preferred .
Superior troubleshooting skills
Basic understanding of home networking equipment, routers, switches, VoIP devices
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
install, terminate, and troubleshoot CAT6 Cat 5 riser and shielded cables on patch panels and RJ-45 modular plugs.
Route cabling in many different building types through the existing riser closets. Create new pathways for cabling to route from MDF to IDF closets and to the rooftop of buildings by coring and using EMT conduit, sleeves, and PVC.
Install server racks and equipment in the MDF and IDF closets. Organize cabling using D-rings, O-rings, clamps, cable organizers, etc.
Be a member to our on-call team one week per month with 24/7 availability for emergency purposes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.50 to $22.50 /hour